This is where you should post your 1/200 Scale Diecast Models topics...

Views: 394

Replies to This Discussion

How many agree with - 1/200 scale is the best scale for airliners? If you agree or disagree please state your reasons.
January Gemini where are you? What does everyone think the release are? What does everyone want?

February 1/200 Gemini Releases:

Allegheny Convair 580

Continental 727-100 Red meatball, large titles

Emirates 777-300

JASDF C-1

Malaysia 737-800

United Convair 340

I think for airliner models, the 1:200 scale is the right and perfect one for these types of planes.  They don't take-up a lot of space on the shelves or inside the cabinets, but allow for much greater detail than the smaller scales.

The Boeing 747's and now the Airbus 380-800 models are huge, but I would rather have them in this scale than the others.  I have some DC-3's and YS-11's in my airliner collection and I couldn't imagine these models being any smaller.  Some collectors I presume are into trying to amass as many planes in their collections.

My preference is a nice cross representation of different types of aircrafts and airliner liveries instead of just shear numbers.  At the prices of these models, collectors may have to set priorities and be some what picky about how and on what to spend their money on.

Last but not least, companies like InFlight200, Gemini 200 and now HobbyMaster just to name a few, are cranking out some wonderful examples of the kind of die-cast model planes in 1:200 scale, that collectors desire and choose to aquire to make welcomed additions to our collections...

Hanger56

Hi Brian,

From the February line-up from Gemini 200, I'm only picking up the (United Convair 340).  At this time I'm concentrating on the InFlight200 airliner models that I want to add to my collection.  The production numbers (about 240) units per InFlight model are much lower, so they usually aren't available as long as the other brands.  Hopefully some of the Gemini models that I want to collect will still be available when I'm ready to "pull the trigger" on them...

Hanger56

I didn't order or buy anything from the February releases either. I wish the Continental 727 would've been a regular version rather than that one, oh well. I'm catching up on a couple of old releases this month, I just can't decide which.
By regular version of the Continental 727 what do you mean?
I think the one they released is the Micronesia version, which is based out of Guam, I believe. Although it looks pretty much the same except for the flag on the side.
I never noticed that!!! This is why you are the Diecast Model Airplane Group Administrator! lol
Does anyone have a link or seen any pics of the Hobby Master Pan Am A310 coming out? Their website still has the artist rendering.

Brian Sherman said:
Does anyone have a link or seen any pics of the Hobby Master Pan Am A310 coming out? Their website still has the artist rendering.
Hopefully I will have photos on my site very soon.

Display Board.

Anyone see this? I just made one of these, myself! That would nice to have! Coming from Inflight200....

RSS

Recent Visitors to the site!

© 2024   Created by Matt Whisenant.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

hitcounter

Avitop.com